Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Project #3 - Spreading Great Gossip

Project #3
You da’ Man

Spreading Great Gossip About Your Guy



“It isn’t what they say about you, it’s what they whisper.” Errol Flynn

 I’m not the whispering kind. If I think something, I’m going to say it or I’m going to shout it.
“My husband rocks!”

Your Project:
Say something nice about your husband to someone else. Make sure you tell him what you said, and to whom.


Getting Creative
Who are the important people in your husband’s life? Your kids, his parents, his friends? Be intentional about who you chat with when you brag on him – it’s almost as important as actually doing it.

Having a hard time coming up with something? I still brag on my guy for things he did years ago. And I highly encourage bragging about your husband in front of your kids, they will have a great example of building up people/friends/future spouses with kind words and they will learn how to treat their parents - with respect and admiration!

Here are some areas to think about when crafting your brag:
  • His parenting skills
  • His patience level
  • The way he treats your mom
  • His culinary ability
  • His job
  • His loyalty to you


How it went…
I must say that I love promoting my husband. Being married to someone as awesome as my honey, I can’t help it! ;) I did get the opportunity at work to tell my new co-workers how great my husband is at cooking. He’s quite clever at cooking without a recipe and having it come out tasting better than the restaurant. Plus, he’s a gluten-free friendly chef! I am not one to shy away from saying such things to others in front of him either and he loves to take those opportunities to talk about his love of cooking. Fortunate wife? Yes I am. I also love how if a challenge ever arises, like we’re all set to grill and we realize, uh-oh out of propane! He is able to quickly come up with a delicious alternative cooking method – way better than my ideas of pulling out the Foreman grill too! It makes me proud to share my husband’s talents with the world and it in turn re-enforces his confidence. A win-win!
Chef Hubby


My hubby's AWESOME bacon turkey creation!
Reminds me of Epic Meal Time!
(You just have to watch it...)

And today just so happens to be our 4 month anniversary! Yay! :)

What did you do?

After you complete this project, come back and post your name and results for Project #3 below, every time you post your results to a project you’re entered to win a copy of The Husband Project! For additional entries, post your results after each project. (i.e. you can enter to win up to 5 times by posting your results on every project) At the end of the project I will pick a winner at random Sunday 9/25 evening.

And don't forget to post what you did on Project #2!

2 comments:

  1. This for me is actually a very easy project I tend to brag a wee bit too much sometimes about Kevin. Like Adam, he is an amazing cook and for the past 5 years has learned to create some of our all time favorites via sodium free. I could never have imagined cooking with absolutely no salt. But, amazingly it is wonderful!!At times I bring food he makes to work to share, although sometimes I can be a little greedy not wanting to share the masterpiece at all. But, listening to others enjoying it makes be just as happy as eating it myself. Who could have imagined our all time favorites made with No Salt...Lasagna, Enchiladas, Mac and Cheese. These are just a few I don't want to get everyone too hungry...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great being blessed with a great cook in our lives ;) So glad we can share it with the world too!

    ReplyDelete